Monday, January 18, 2010

Moved in and underway

Moved in mid December 2009.  Finally settled in a  little, just had satellite internet installed so am able to update the blog.

I had started building mountain bike trails on the property, there is a separate blog for that here .  All the chores associated with getting a small rural property up and running  have to be attend to.  Taking into consideration the place is self sufficient in water and power.

I have my wonderful new partner with me, she tries hard to understand me and truly loves me but I can see her struggle with how I feel, hopefully she will be satisfied with acceptance one day and be able to leave her own sadness behind..

Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Electrical  System
The solar system is only small-ish, (15 panels at 70 watts)


so I am looking to upgrade it to something a little beefier to allow a normal refrigerator to run, along with a couple PC's through the day mostly as well as equipment like pressure pumps for house water etc and maybe light power tools.  This will take some time to sort out and will be relatively expensive $20,000 +

Veggie Garden
The veggie garden is well underway, with plantings of radish, corn, carrots, eggplants, a variety of melons, passionfruit, black russian tomatoes etc already added to the established veggie garden

Orchard
The small orchard has been added to with another avocado and 2 blueberries bushes.  With plans to add raspberries later in the year

0 comments:

Post a Comment